“28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.” (Romans 8:28-30) “just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love” (Ephesians1:4) (NASB) Keep your focus on God’s Purpose.
SERMON DRAFT – GOD’S PURPOSE, ELECTION AND CALLING
The Potter’s Purpose: ‘Called, Foreknew, Predestined, Conformed, Called, Justified, Glorified” (June 27, 2015)
Unknown Things – Deu 29:29. Known Things – 1 John 4:8b/1 Cor 5:5.
Deuteronomy 29:29 New American Standard Bible (NASB) (Unknown things of humankind)
“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.”
1 John 4:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB) (Nature of God)
“The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
1 Corinthians 5:5 New American Standard Bible (NASB) (Redemptive nature of God)
“I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus”
ELECTION – Potter, Love, Calling, Election, Choice.
An election takes place before the results are made known.
Jeremiah 18:1-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Potter and the Clay
1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord saying, 2 “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will announce My words to you.” 3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something on the wheel. 4 But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make.
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me saying, 6 “Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Behold, like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.
Romans 9:10-11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; 11 for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls,
Matthew 22:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”
Consider God’s purpose in the following verses.
1 Timothy 2:3-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2 Peter 3:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
When in doubt, remember God’s nature.
1 John 4:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
“The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
CONSIDER WORDS: Love And Called
LOVE VS LOVE VS LOVE VS LOVE
Agápe ( ἀγάπη agápē  ) means “love: esp. brotherly love, charity; the love of God for man and of man for God.
Éros ( ἔρως érōs ) means “love, mostly of the sexual passion”  or the love to join two bodies as one through the joy of touch . The Modern Greek word ” erotas ” means “intimate love.”
Philia ( φιλία philía ) means “affectionate regard, friendship,” usually “between equals.
Storge ( στοργή storgē ) means “love, affection” and “especially of parents and children
CALLED VS CALLED
General: “All of you come here” (All may not come)
Specific: “John, you come here” (John will come)
DICE AND PLAYING CARDS:Which verse applies?
Why do you pray? Human Will vs Ps 103:19
Consider the Potter: Isaiah 64:8; Jeremiah 18:1-6; Rom 8:28-31; Rom 9:9-12; Rom 9:19-21;
John 1:1-13 New King James Version (NKJV) (Calling vs 9, general) Matthew 9:9 (Specific)
The Eternal Word And Far-Reaching Word Of God (John 1:9)
Consider The Situation In The World – Consider Those Who Have Received Jesus
Major Religions of the World –
Christianity: 2.1 billion (Not a religion; a relationship)
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
WHAT’S THE PROBLEM? WHY SO FEW HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS? THE JOHN 1:9 CALLING IS EVERYWHERE
CONSIDER THOSE WHO HAVE ACCEPTED JESUS
Consider America and Israel (Titus) Sent to Dalmatia (Yugoslavia/Croatia) ( 2 Timothy 4:10)
The Message Of Christ Spread To Russia And Europe.
Pilgrims To America (1620) : America Only Major Supporter Of Israel
Romans 8:28-30 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
28. called. 2822 klētós – literally, “called” (derived from 2564/kaleō, “to call, summon”). 2822 /klētós (“divinely called”) focuses on God’s general call – i.e. the call (invitation) He gives to all people, so all can receive His salvation. God desires every person to call out to Him and receive His salvation (1 Tim 2:4,5). “Unfortunately, many choose not to – but all can; all don’t but all can call out to God for His mercy (not just ‘some’)” (G. Archer). See 2821 /klēsis (“calling”).
28. purpose. 4286 próthesis (from 4253 /pró, “before” and 5087 /títhēmi, “purposefully set forth”) – properly, providence – literally, “a setting forth in advance for a specific purpose (“God’s pre-thesis”).
29. foreknew. 4267 proginṓskō (from 4253 /pró, “before” and 1097 /ginṓskō, “to know”) – properly, foreknow; used in the NT of “God pre-knowing all choices – and doing so without pre-determining (requiring) them” (G. Archer).
29. predestined. 4309 proorízō (from 4253 /pró, “before” and 3724 /horízō, “establish boundaries, limits”) – properly, pre-horizon, pre-determine limits (boundaries) predestine.
29. conformed. 4833 symmorphóō – (from 4862 /sýn, “together with” and 3444 /morphḗ; “form embodying essence”) – properly, sharing the same form from embodying the same inner (essential) reality; to be conformed to the glory of Christ.
30. predestined. 4309. proorizó . foreordain, predetermine, mark out beforehand.
30. called. Definition: 2564. kaleó (a) I call, summon, invite, (b) I call, name. to cause to pass from one state into another: 1 Cor 1:9; 1 Cor 2:12; 1 Thes 2:12; 2 Tim 1:9.
30. justified. 1344 dikaióō (from dikē, “right, judicial-approval”) – properly, approved, especially in a legal, authoritative sense; to show what is right, i.e. conformed to a proper standard (i.e. “upright”).
30. glorified.1392 doksázō (from 1391 /dóksa, “glory”) – glorify; properly, to ascribe weight by recognizing real substance (value). See 1391 (doksa). to render or esteem glorious
A View Of God’s Purpose:
Genesis 3:15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.”
Revelation 21:1-8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The New Heaven and Earth
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. 8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Click onto the above link to see the post, as it is shown on the blog. You will see a clear view of the post, as well as the opening video, and others that may be included in the post. You will also see prior posts. If you have a forwarded copy of the post, you can also click onto any blue line, letter, number or symbol to see the video and other posts and videos that are posted on the blog. .