The following notes can be read in the Scofield Study Bible and on-line at STUDYLIGHT.ORG. Please check out the link for more information.
Scofield’s Reference Notes
Book Introduction – John
WRITER: The fourth Gospel was written by the Apostle John (John 21:24).
DATE: The date of John’s Gospel falls between A.D. 85 and 90. Probably the latter.
THEME: This is indicated both in the Prologue (John 1:1-14), and in the last verse of the Gospel proper (John 20:31), and is: The incarnation of the eternal Word, and Son of life; (2) that as many as believe on Him as “the Christ, the Son of God” (John 20:31) may have eternal life. The prominent words are, “believed” and “life.”
The book is in seven natural divisions:
1. Prologue: The eternal Word incarnate in Jesus the Christ, John 1:1-14.
2. The witness of John the Baptist, John 1:15-34.
3. The public ministry of Christ, John 1:35 to John 12:50.
4. The private ministry of Christ to His own, John 13:1 to John 17:26.
5. The sacrifice of Christ, John 18:1 to John 19:42.
6. The manifestation of Christ in resurrection, John 20:1-31.
7. Epilogue: Christ the Master of life and service, John 21:1-25.
Please watch the following video.
The Gospel Of John – The Life Of Jesus – Full Movie